CENTRALongmont Presbyterian Church has an opening for an experienced Office Administrator. This is a 3/4 time position (30 hrs/wk, M-TH) with benefits.
• High School diploma or equivalent; college preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in reception and/or administration; previous church office experience preferred.
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task amidst interruptions while maintaining a welcoming, professional demeanor.
• Proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Publisher and Excel; experience with database and presentation software (ShelbyNext and Media Shout a plus).
• Effective written and oral communication skills; bi-lingual preferred but not required.
To apply, please send a resume with a cover letter and contact information for three references salary requirements to Rev. Dr. David Barker, Pastor and Head of Staff, email@example.com
Reports to Pastor/Head of Staff
- Manage incoming phone calls
- Greet visitors
- Responsible for weekly deposit
- Record yearly pledges and prepare giving statements
- Order background checks for volunteers and staff
- Coordinate office volunteers
- Order office supplies
- Maintain ShelbyNext database
- Update church website
- Coordinate computer maintenance and upgrades
- Train staff and volunteers on computer applications when necessary
- Troubleshoot printer/copier and, with IT consultant, computer problems
- Prepare all worship, and (as requested), education-related visuals
- Prepare weekly worship handouts, including large print copies, inserts, prayer list and calendar, and other relevant announcements
- Prepare and send out weekly announcements email
- Prepare mailings, letters to congregation and all mailings that require merging letters with information from the database.
Other Duties as Assigned