The King's Team Community Group is once again growing vegetables at the home of Jack & Ginny Kelly. Vegetables are shared free of charge with anyone who wants to have them in the church parking lot Mondays at 4:30 p.m. during growing season. If you would like to help in the garden or with the distribution contact Marv Van Peursem.
- Kings' Team can use garden volunteers every Saturday morning @ 8:30 am to help in the garden, and beginning Monday, June 5 @ 4:30 pm to distribute free vegetables at the church. Contact Marv for details.
- "Grow A Row for the Hungry" - Add fresh vegetables from your garden to the Kings' Team distribution and OUR Center kitchen. For more information contact Marv.
A dedicated team distributes warm breakfast burritos every Tuesday morning to day workers at five Longmont locations. Join us for outreach! - This is a 30-45 minute commitment every Tuesday morning @ 5:30 am. We gather at CENTRALongmont, pray, split into teams, and deliver burritos/make new friends.
Help Make burritos! - This is a 2 hour commitment about every 6 weeks. We gather to cook, assemble burritos, and clean! We even have fun catching up on what's happening in our lives. We make about 250 burritos each time.
Mark Adams and Miriam Maldonado are mission co-workers with the Presbyterian Border Ministry in Agua Prieta, Mexico, where Mark has served since 1998. As US coordinator of the bi-national ministry, Frontera de Cristo, Mark is responsible, in partnership with Jocabed Gallegos, Mexican Coordinator of Frontera de Cristo, for the coordination of the six ministry areas of Frontera de Cristo. Miriam connects people and organizations across borders and serves as a liaison of Frontera de Cristo with the Center for Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation and Recuperation (CRREDA in Spanish), DouglaPrieta Trabaja and the Lirio de los Valles Presbyterian Church. She works with DouglaPrieta to help the rehabilitation centers and families of the church, community and schools grow their own food, increasing their nutrition possibilities and connection to God’s creation and one another.
Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA)
Summer Concert Series @ 4th & Kimbark
Fridays - July 28 & August 25 - 6-9:15 pm
Once again this summer CENTRALongmont will hand out water and open our restrooms to the public during the LDDA concerts at 4th & Kimbark. We are looking for several volunteers to hand out water and man the restrooms for these concerts. This is a fun way to serve the Longmont community. If you would like to volunteer to help at one or more of these events, please email Donna Ferrey
Crossroads School Volunteer Opportunities
This spring/summer, we have office/administrative projects that we'd love volunteer help with! Contact Barb Bulthuis by email or by phone 303-709-9881 for more information or to sign up!
- Website re-design: We'd love to have a knowledgeable volunteer work with us to redesign and update our website.
- File clean-up: The school's files need to be sorted, audited, and re-organized annually; this would require coming in over the summer for a number of hours.
- Data entry: We have a couple of computer data entry projects that could be done at home, after a short tutorial at school or by phone.
- Donation boxes: We need a couple of new or updated collection boxes for churches--with Box Tops, Longmont Dairy, printer cartridge, and Crossroads logos on them
- Sycamore calendar: A tech-savvy volunteer could help us figure out and implement the link between Google and Sycamore that would allow parents/staff to view the Crossroads calendar on their Google calendars!
- Research: We have several projects that require researching online, making phone calls, and organizing the resulting information for the school's use.
Habitat for Humanity Global Village Paraguay
September 16-24, 2017
Did You Know? A volunteer team from Habitat for Humanity Paraguay came to Longmont to help us rebuild after the floods of 2013. Join us as we explore the rich culture of Paraguay and help build Paraguay's future with it's future leaders.
Habitat for Humanity of the St. Vrain Valley will be taking 15-20 community members to the South American city of Asuncion, Paraguay to work alongside their Habitat partner in building homes and relationships. The base program cost for food, lodging, transportation, medical insurance, tools and materials is $1,300. Estimated airfare is $1,500 for an estimated total volunteer cost of $2,800. Scholarships and personal fundraising are available. For more information contact Julie Gallegos at Habitat for Humanity of the St. Vrain Valley by email or at 303-682-2485 ext. 103.
Round Pantry @ Westview
Current Needs: Cereal, Boxed Meals (e.g. Rice-A-Roni, Pasta Sides, etc. other than Mac & Cheese),
Canned Vegetables (other than green beans), and Canned Soup
Items can be taken to Westview Presbyterian Church, 1500 Hover St., Longmont.
OUR Center Lunches
July 9, 2017
September 10, 2017
November 12, 2017
If you would like to help,If you would like to help, please
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea.”—Psalm 46:1–2
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance enables congregations and mission partners of the Presbyterian Church (USA) to witness to the healing love of Christ through caring for communities adversely affected by crisis and catastrophic events.
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Focuses on the long-term recovery of disaster impacted communities
- Provides training and disaster preparedness for presbyteries and synods.
- Works collaboratively with church partners and members of the ACT Alliance (Action by Churches together) internationally, and nationally with other faith based responders.
- Connects partners locally and internationally with key organizations active in the response -- United Nations, NVOAD (National Voluntary Agencies Active in Disaster), World Food Program, Red Cross, FEMA and others.